cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Alert Suppresion for 30 minutes?

How do I suppress and alert for 30 minutes. So that the alert only executes if the condition exists for 30 minutes? This was easy in the basic alerting engine but how do you do it in the advanced alert manager. I need to use that as it's based on custom mibs.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 7

quote:Originally posted by mhazelb

Can you please tell me how you did it in the Basic Alerting engine? Thanks so much!

Alert suppression is not available with basic alerts, only with Advanced Alerts.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Sorry I don't remember and it looks like the Basic Alerts feature is now gone in the most current release. So I can't pull it up and check but I from what I can remember it was pretty simple like selecting a check box somewhere and telling it how long.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Can you please tell me how you did it in the Basic Alerting engine? Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
Level 7

glad to help.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for. Why no one at solarwinds could tell me this when I opened a ticket is beyond me.
0 Kudos
Level 7

If you are trying to suppress the Trigger action for 30 minutes after the alert (and the alert still exists), you would do this by editing the alert, edit the trigger action, and there is a checkbox at the bottom "delay trigger"

Larry
0 Kudos