This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Sound for the web page not working

I have setup the Alert Sound for the web page as per but
there is no sound played on the web page once a new alert is triggered.

Do you only have to enable it in the admin console for that
user or is there another setting im missing? and do you need to configure a advance alert?

Im running Orion NPM 8.5.1
  • -- More Info --

I have tried using IE 6 & 7 plus firefox and different users and admin logons all with no success.

What would happen if multiple people are logged into the one account? Would the sound only play in the one browser or would it play in all of them that are open?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to DJPatto
    It should play the first time it's seen in a given browser. Have you checked the sound file? Will it play if you just click on it?
  • Cheers denny lecompte

I have chosen ding.wav option under the sound alert.

Im not to sure on what you mean "Will it play if you just click on it?". But i can type in the explorer address bar http://"server ip address"/NetPerfMon/Sounds/ding.wav and it plays a sound.

any ideas why it wont play a sound when a node goes down in the webpage of a remote computer? 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to DJPatto
    So the sound will play, which is good. You say it won't play when a node goes down on the webpage of a remote computer. I'm not sure what you're saying, but the alert will only play a sound when a new alert shows up in the Active Alerts resource on the page. If that resource is not on the page or if the alert doesn't show up in the resource, no sound.
  • I have a summary page which the NOC look at from time to time, but i want it to play a sound so that they are aware of a node or interface going down.

On the summary page is Last 100 events, down nodes, Top5 interface by % utilization, Top 5 nodes by CPU load, Top 5 Nodes by % Memory Used.

If a node goes down and shows up in the Down Nodes Resource I dont hear a sound play. Should i be able to hear a sound? or do i need to add a different Resource?
  • Sorry Just answered my own question.

I was missing the Active Alerts resource.