This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Advanced Alerts for UnDP - MIB Value type vs. Alert Selection

I am trying to summarize the link between the UnDP MIB value type selected when building a poller and the corresponding selection in the advanced alert for a node UnDP poller.  This is what I've come up with, but I wanted to get it vetted by the community, especially by those who have more experience in building UnDP pollers and alerts.  I selected only Rate, Status or Numeric Status as possible selections for an advanced alert, but feel free to suggest others that might be applicable as well. 

Is there a hard and fast rule about the correlation or is it solely driven by the type of data collected, regardless of the Value Type in the poller?

Rate, Status, or Numeric Status?

If the MIB Value type is Rate (data type Integer, UInteger, UnsignedInteger32, Gauge, and Gauge32), then select RATE in the advanced alert

If the MIB value type is Counter (date type Counter, Counter32, and Counter64), then select either RATE or STATUS in the advanced alert, depending on the data presented.

If the MIB value type is Raw Value (data type either numerical or textual data), the select the appropriate RATE, STATUS or NUMERIC STATUS, depending on the data presented.