This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adjusting Default SNMP Poller

Hi All,

This may be an elementary question but I am struggling to find the solution. We have a number of HPE StoreOnce appliances in our environment that are being monitored with SNMP. The machine type is being identified and monitored under the Integrated Lights Out and reporting CPU, memory, interfaces, etc. 

My problem is, we have some appliances that are ALWAYS maxed out with in use memory, cached and physical memory, as such they are always in a critical state. I would like to adjust the monitor to remove these couple of components from these devices so that they do not report on always critical components which I do not care about.

However I am unable to find the necessary spot to adjust this. 

Hoping for some guidance on how to handle this.

• Take a look at this article. It shows you how to create a custom poller for those devices so that you can get an accurate CPU/Memory statistic. Once you create the new poller you'll be able to assign it to all appropriate devices en masse. If the statistic you are already looking at is accurate, then you can modify the CPU/Memory thresholds on those devices so that they do not display as warning/critical for a known condition. Just go to the properties page of the nodes in question and adjust the thresholds from there.