This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Additional Web Server AWS unsupported modules

I took the latest AWS bundle download and when the 1.6GB file was expanded I saw which module versions it supports. Most of my modules are recent and supported, but a couple are a version behind and are not included on the support list.

I did a test install onto a clean server and pointed it at the primary engine. It performed a version sanity check and told me about the unsupported products, but then offered to continue. I think it was going to continue the install excluding the unsupported module, but the messages were unclear.

I realise that I need to update the older modules, but could I have continued the install with AWS auto-excluding the unsupported module or would it have installed and then corrupted my SQL?

Thanks, Robert

• Hi Robert, you can continue with installation. To describe process: Installer will check products and versions installed on main and compare it to versions include in AWS installer. After this, installer should tell you which version will install and after this which versions you will have to install manually (download AWS installer for exact modul and version). Installer will NEVER install product/version which is not on main poller, to prevent (as you mentioned) SQL corruption or so.

• Hi, That's exactly what I was hoping for. Many thanks for the info.