This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding web-based reports to a summary view?

Hey gang, I'm really liking the flexibility that the web-based report writer gives you for layouts and resources. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to use one of these reports in a summary view? I'd love to have a report or two scroll across our NOC TV now that NPM 10.7 allows for multiple views.

Thanks!

• Unfortunately we can't yet use a whole web-based report in a view. We can however create custom table / custom chart resources in views identical to those used in reporting.

• Hi Rob!

I managed to find a way to work around this. I put the report in an iframe using a Custom HTML resource, and added a few <a name>'s as well to put the page where I want it. It's not the most graceful method but it might get the job done. I've got a feature request out there right now to include web-based reports in the view resource, but it got buried pretty quick! The report writer in the web console is easily the most powerful resource in NPM (in my opinion), I would love to see the layout flexibility incorporated into the views, even if it were a "toggle feature" like NOC views currently are.

Also! The NOC view feature could be greatly improved by simply allowing a user to define specific web pages or views in Orion as opposed to having to build each "tab" from scratch in the Left Navigation menu. Food for thought! emoticons_happy.png

• Well played sir! Yes, we are looking at future improvements along those lines.

• ">nickzourdos,

Could you provide the Custom HTML you used for the Iframe to get it to display.  I need to do the same thing.

Thanks

Charles

• You bet! It's a very hacky way of doing things and it's not always perfect, but here you go:

<html>

<head><a name="top"></a></head>

<body>

<iframe src="LINKTOREPORT" width="1080px" height="2000px" frameborder="0">

</body>

</html>

• I use the same type of iFrames for several EOC reports (do not get me started on why....)

I included a browser checks since iFrames act differently in IE vs others with regards to size formatting.  Here is what I use.

<!--[if IE]>

<object width = "100%" height = "400" classid="clsid:25336920-03F9-11CF-8FD0-00AA00686F13" data="REPORT_URL---including quotes">

<p>backup content</p>

</object>

<![endif]-->

<!--[if !IE]> <-->

<iframe src="REPORT_URL---including quotes" width="100%" height="400"></iframe>

<!--> <![endif]-->

• Thank you! I am by no means a web developer emoticons_happy.png

• Thanks, as well. Non web dev here also. In case anyone wanted to know more about classid: What it does, why it works: The 25336920-03F9-11cf-8FD0-00AA00686F13 is the CLSID for the "Browse in place" action. Basically this registry entry is telling IE that for docs that have a mime type of application/json, just view it in place. Got this from stackoverflow.