This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding undescovered interfaces.

We have some F5 load balancers. When I added them as nodes the NPM listed all resources and only listed the vlans and not the physical interfaces. I'll have to create a undp to add a table of physical interfaces manually will I? I was hoping to list the interfaces then be able to select the one I'd like to graph..

•  Orion NPM walks the SNMP IF-MIB to discover the interfaces populated by the device SNMP agent. If you do not see your physical interfaces it probably means that they are not available in this MIB. I advise to run a MIB walk on this OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2 to ensure your interfaces are really not there.

If you do not have Engineer's Toolset and its SNMP tools, you can use the UnDP to poll the IfDescr column of the If-Table (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1).

You should also ask to the F5 support if they intentionally not listed the physical interfaces in this MIB once you confirmed that they are not there.

...I just searched and the F5 Load Balancer Interfaces MIB seems to be the following one: LOAD-BAL-SYSTEM-MIB:Interface = 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.1.1.5 in case you need to create some UnDP to monitor them.

HTH,

Yann