This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding extra columns(Custom Property) in TOP XX Widget

Hi all,

I was able to put a filter to show only the network device on top XX interfaces by percent Utilization widget. However i want to add additional columns like a Custom property (City, etc)

Can someone share inputs?

johnwilly_1-1590591065239.png

• As far as I know - you cannot add extra columns into out of the box widgets. You can, however, build your own. Try to experiment with "Custom Table" widget

Select Interface as an object. Leave filter as is if you want to pull out top 10 for all interfaces

alexsoul_0-1590595187013.png

Add columns as you wish - all custom properties are available there

Select top 10

Add sorting

alexsoul_2-1590595328294.png

you are done

BONUS:

to be able to display percentage bar - do this:

alexsoul_3-1590595441597.png

RESULT:

alexsoul_4-1590595526316.png

• OMG Thank you Alex, I never knew we had an option to modify the display setting.

Awesome Bonus tip.

• Cool. The one thing that's bugging me regarding custom tables the info showing up on the left corner (datasource, sort and group options). Wish there was a way to hide that  

• Nice one, glad you found it useful 

Here is another BONUS TIP #2

To be able to display links and status icon - you can use the following display types on both NODE and INTERFACE columns:

Details Page Link + Enable tooltips
    * Status Icon (Watermark)

plus, you can also add custom properties from node level as well and even define grouping if needed (I have done this below for Country CP from node level)

Capture.PNG

I would also advise you to use CUSTOM columns size to keep things neat. You can set them in preview mode:

here is a result:

Capture4.PNG

• Oops ... and a word of WARNING:

It seems that when ordering first be receive then by transmit you potentially can loose visibility to some high transmit interfaces. Use this instead:

1. Add column TOTAL AVG PERCENT UTILIZATION
    2. Hide this column
    3. Sort results in descending order by this column

alexsoul_0-1590663562317.png

• Nice one, Thanks again. I am working on this right away.