This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding Interface IPs to a Web Report on Cisco Devices?

Hello,

I'm trying to get a report written to show Make, Model, Serial Number, IPs and MAC addresses on Cisco devices.  Using the Report Writer I can get everything except for the IP addresses on each interfaces.  I'm able to show the polling IP of the device, but I'm not finding an IP Address option under Interfaces. I did find the Interface Name, which is breaks out each interface. How can I get the interface IPs to be added to this report?

report.JPG

• Ok, a question first.  Are these Layer-3 interfaces, like on a router or layer-3 switch, or are they Layer-2 interfaces?   The reason I ask is, if its a layer-3 IP on the interface, you can probably get that with NPM.   That's because the IP is assigned to the interface itself, and not the device connected to the interface.

If it's a Layer-2 interface, like a switch, you probably won't be able to get the IP addresses without UDT (Universal Device Tracker).   UDT does further polling and cross referencing of ARP tables and MAC-Address tables to get you the IP address(es) of device(s) connected to a switchport.

But, either way I think you're starting the report from the wrong perspective maybe?    By default in the web report writer, it starts from the perspective of the "Node".   Right after you choose "Custom Table" it will prompt you to "Add Content", like below.  Note its says "Node"

cnorborg_0-1599064919905.png

If you want to report on the L3 IP of a given Interface, you need to choose "Interface" instead of "Node".   It will then allow you to report on each individual interface on a node, rather than the node itself.   I believe you can get the IP assigned to the interface there quite easily, and it will still let you get back to the Node information also.   It doesn't let you get the individual interface information when you start with Node here.  The way to remind this is that there has to be a 1:1 relationship.   ie: If you start from the Node perspective, there is one node that has many interfaces, or a 1:many relationship, that means you can't get to the "many".   But, if you start from an Interface, for each interface there is only one node.   So a 1:1 relationship.

Now, if you are looking for the IP's of devices connected to the ports, like I said, you will need UDT in order to do this.   And, instead of starting from the "Node" or "Interface" perspective, with UDT you get the "Port" perspective you can start with.

HTH!