This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding Alert from Node

Some nodes by default show a warning or major alert by SolarWinds by default which is good. Is there a way to enable those to send you an email rather than having to re-invent the whole alert?

IE:

Hardware Health Overview shows for all nodes being monitored. (Up, Warning, Critical, and Undefined)

When you click on warning or critical and select the node, the device in question shows you the sensor or variable in that state. Is there way to select that variable and create an alert without having to create the whole step by step process?

• Fairly sure the answer is "...No..?" - In that there isnt a button for that, but generally this scenario would be covered off in bulk by your alert design.

Just alert on all hardware faults, or all faults above a threshold, or all faults above a threshold where their vendor is supported, or whatever the relevant criteria is in your scenario.

You could use custom properties so that you could Edit Node and change "Supported" to "Yes" or "SupportedBy" to "whateveremail@domain.com" for a functional equivalent to what you're talking about.

You can call email addresses into the "To" field using "${SupportedBy}" (in this example) so that you don't need to make individual alerts for individual devices that often.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your query

• When you log into SolarWinds you can go all the critical and warning device(Network Device as an example"switches"). Once yo use select one you can go to hardware detailed  and go to current hardware health. That module will show you the hardware in the warning or critical state. Below is a screenshot of what I mean. Why am I not able to set that as an alert even though it dhows it is in a warning state? I can add an alert but that takes me back to creating a new alert. Most of the alerts I had to create needed me to find the correct OID which does take time working with the vendor as well.

pastedImage_0.png

• Why not do something like this?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_0.png