This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Add view to Individual Nodes

FormerMember
FormerMember

How can I apply a view to certain nodes.

The nodes have been added and appear under the machine type unknown.

I have setup new view and added the required resources, when I go to add viwes by device type I can only seem to add my view to everying that is tagged as machine type unknown.

I just want to added my view to specific nodes??

• Have you tried adding a node view limitation based on a node group or common node name element?

Edit your view, and at the bottom of the page click on 'Edit' under the View limitation section.  It should give you plenty of ways to specify exactly which nodes will use your new view.

Hope that helps!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to branfarm

Thanks that is certainly a help but if I assign my view for example to an IP and I then go to my main page and click on the node, I still get the old generic view??

This is because node comes up as unknown as Machine Type so it is taking view same as other Unkown types if I change view by device type and select unkown and change it to my new view it works.

Only issue with this is that ALL unknown types will have this view which is no good.

Must be easier than this?

• My apologies -- I guess I misinterpreted how the view limitation feature would work.  Like you said, it seems to rely first on the detected device type.  I tried to find a way around it, but it seems like this is not a supported behavior.   This thread here: http://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/154800#154800  seems to verify our findings.  : Can you update us on the status of this feature request?

Thanks!

• Sure.  Sent this over to the Product Manager.  Hang tight.