cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Add any Double or Triple Custom Poller Radial Gauge into NodeDetail page.

Add any Double or Triple Custom Poller Radial Gauge  into NodeDetail page.

I like this views.

Any comment?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Level 7

This looks very useful. I downloaded the zip file but I am new to this, are there any instructions and does this work in 9.5

Thanks

0 Kudos

Any word on this or something like it in 10.0? I really need to add multiple radial dials for APM components, not custom pollers. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I think it's broken for 9.5, due to a change in the way resources are handled. 

Here's the new line from a .resource file (bold).

<!-- Title=Custom Poller - Radial Gauge -->
<!-- Level=7 -->
<!--#include Virtual=/NetPerfMon/scripts/Resource.asp -->
<!-- UpgradePath=/Orion/NetPerfMon/Resources/NodeGauges/CustomPollerRadialGauge.ascx -->

I'd guess we'll now need a .ascx file in that NodeGauges directory?

My triple gauges are gone after the upgrade to 9.5.  Let me know if it actually still works, and I just need to reinstall or reconfigure my views by re-adding resources or something.

0 Kudos

It is broken for me too ... Gob, can you please provide the new code for 9.5

Thanks

0 Kudos

I'll try. But this will be very slow.  😞

0 Kudos

Bump 🙂

0 Kudos

This still operates the same way, so if you would like double or triple gauges you would have to use the custom HTML resource to create

0 Kudos

Gob,

I understand that you are busy and have little time to work on something that should be built into the NPM software 😞

I urge SW developers to look into it and make it a standard part the package because many people can benefit from such a feature.

Thanks

Avnish

0 Kudos
Level 12

This is working great.  Good work!

0 Kudos

Care to help out on how to make this work?

I am not able to get this working everytime I go into the nodes view and add the gauges and then go in and use the drop down to select the custom poller it tells me that the poller is not associated with this resource.

0 Kudos
Level 11

0 Kudos

This is still not working for me, not able to get the gauge to connect with the custom poller to get the gauge to even work.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos

How do you get to the custom gauge program?  I can't seem to get the gauges to come up in pairs. I pasted the files into the directory just as the txt file told me.  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos

You must add a new resource. Admin/Manage Views/(select node detail page)/click "+"/Node Gauges - Real-time Gauges for Node Properties/Triple Custom Poller - Radial Gauge

0 Kudos

I can get the new resource to display, however, when editing the resource, I noticed only 2 of my pollers were available in the drop down.  I have about 15 custom pollers running on all sorts of equipment.  APCs, Cisco, Windows, etc. 
The only pollers I see present in the drop down are 1 Cisco Firewall poller (current connections), and a UPS active alarms.

Has anyone else encounted this.  If so, how were you able to display all of your pollers in the drop down on the edit page.  By the way, Gob, this is a great peice of work ou have given to the Orion community.  Thanks!!!

0 Kudos

You will need to change your custom pollers to rate instead of raw data to have them be listed in the drop down... however I still getting "custom poller not assinged to current object", did you ever get that corrected?

0 Kudos

Hello all, I have installed this and it is working as advertised.

However, we had just upgraded to 9.1 and when I installed this all the Radial Gauges are the old style, is there an updated version for this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Did you get this working? I'm running 9.1 as well and I've put the resource files into the correct directories but they don't show up in my list of resources under the node details -> node gauges - real time node gauges for a npm.

Is there some other way to load these to get them to show up in the views?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi. It must be under "node gauges - real time node gauges for a npm"

Try to change permissions for my files.

0 Kudos

Gob,

Thanks for the wonderful customization. I was able to put two gauges for my Netscreen firewalls (CPU and Memory). They don't come by default. I had to use UDnP. However, I am not able to show the % at the end of the number on the gauge. Something like 2%. Another issue is that my memory utilized is well below my error threshold however it still shows red labels. Do you have any idea why is it doing that ?

0 Kudos