This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ASA Mis-Identified Devices

I don't know if anyone else has seen this bug yet, but this morning I found some devices mis-identified as Cisco ASA devices.  As a result, these devices have the new ASA Summary and tabs and not the default Node Summary tabs.  I was able to convert one back by changing the View Type from (default) to Node Details - Summary.  The second device I tried to change the view on has not reverted even after selecting the Node Details - Summary and forcing a Rediscover and Poll Now.

I discovered this issue on 2 models so far:

Cisco 891 ISR - ok, this one has VPN, but I needed to look at something from the Node - Network tab when this remote site went down, and those details are no longer on the new ASA views.

Cisco 3560CX - This one is a layer 2 switch, no firewall or VPN capability even.  WS-C3560CX-12PC-S

I need to review some other devices to see if this is happening on more models.