cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

APs not clearing from Wireless tab

Jump to solution

Does anybody know why in the Wireless tab you can have duplicate APs that have the same name and IP address but only switched what Wireless Controller it has as its primary? If there was some way to clear those APs that reappear under a different controller that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 16

You have hit the issue with wireless AP monitoring in a HA/cluster environment that applies in both Aruba and Cisco environments..

There is no way to fix this. Note: if reboot a controller and solarwinds polls it before the AP have re-associated with the controller in the default configuration solarwinds will delete and purge all of the statistics on the thin AP and then add it back when the re-associate. 

(note: I am quite unhappy about this. it was broken with Aruba, and I asumed it was a not-a-cisco lack of support. I now work at a large cisco shop and I find it is also broken on cisco, which makes me think no-one at Solarwinds runs a wireless network and/or cares enough to point out how bad Thin AP suupport is)

There is no way to fix this. Note: if reboot a controller and solarwinds polls it before the AP have re-associated with the controller in the default configuration solarwinds will delete and purge all of the statistics on the thin AP and then add it back when the re-associate. 

1. Please open a case with Solarwinds.

2. Upvote/comment on: 

3. Comment on: cobrien message: Your Thoughts on Thin AP Alerting?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 16

You have hit the issue with wireless AP monitoring in a HA/cluster environment that applies in both Aruba and Cisco environments..

(note: I am quite unhappy about this. it was broken with Aruba, and I asumed it was a not-a-cisco lack of support. I now work at a large cisco shop and I find it is also broken on cisco, which makes me think no-one at Solarwinds runs a wireless network and/or cares enough to point out how bad Thin AP suupport is)

1. Please open a case with Solarwinds.

2. Upvote/comment on: 

3. Comment on: cobrien message: Your Thoughts on Thin AP Alerting?

View solution in original post