cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

APE Error while editing Nodes Properties -The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2008/Core:GetNodesByIdsResult. The InnerException me

Hi team,

Need your help with the below mentioned error. It is popping up when editing nodes of Additional Poller.

The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2008/Core:GetNodesByIdsResult. The InnerException message was 'Member '_compareInfo' was not found.'. Please see InnerException for more details

11 Replies

Hello Everybody,

I saw this post and just wanted to chime in as we recently updated the mentioned KB article to make it clearer on how to resolve this error.

Unexpected website error when editing nodes in Orion Platform - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and ...

As long as all your SolarWinds servers within the instance run the same version of .NET (As per system requirements) and they all have the Microsoft .NET rollup update of August 2018 or greater for your specific version and OS, this issue should no longer occur as they claim they have fixed the bug of cross serialization.

The Detailed explanation from Microsoft about what they changed to cause this issue across multiple servers using .NET (back in their May .NET updates), is also detailed.

Best Regards,

Harry Griffiths | SCP X 4 | CEH V10

Senior Escalation Engineer,

EMEA SolarWinds Technical Support

SolarWinds Customer Support Information - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

0 Kudos

After much down time and upgrading .net etc I finally pinned down the issue to a single KB on a secondary poller (KB4457131 I think it was). After uninstalling this I'm up and running.

This is the latest security update. My main poller keeps reverting this update for some reason so basically the main poller was on an older patch level than the secondary poller. As the main poller keeps failing the update I rolled back on the secondary poller instead to fixed the problem.

That's great you found the solution.  For us it has not been so easy.  We were first told by support to make sure we had match .Net version on all our servers.  We have moved them to 4.6.2.  Now they are saying we need to make sure we have the security rollup.  I am having a hard time locating the correct installer.  We also have server 2012 and server 2016.  The other option support gave us was to upgrade to .Net Framework 4.7.2.

We installed .Net Framework 4.7.2 in QA and it works fine with NPM 12.1.  At this point, we are trying to make a decision to move ahead with this in production.

Here is the support article that support gave me:

Unexpected website error when editing nodes in Orion Platform - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and ...

0 Kudos
Level 11

So glad I found this post. I had the same issue, but when trying to edit interfaces.

I ended up using Windows Update History to compare my APE against working ones to find the missing updates.

Once I applied the latest installed updates that were missing from the problem APE it began to work.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am also having the same issue. I have noticed, thanks to the comments here, that im missing some updates between servers. Specifically the APEs that are throwing this error. Ill try and update, to see if that solves the issue. Thanks all!

0 Kudos

it is resolved for me by applying the specific patch on all the pollers and the patch is KB 4098972

Please look for these Windows .NET Framework versions 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.1 in below link. See below for a list of .net versions and their related KB numbers.

Windows Server 2008 - 2012 R2:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2018/05/15/net-framework-may-2018-preview-of-quality-rollup/

Windows Server 2016
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2018/05/17/net-framework-may-2018-preview-of-quality-rollup-...

Hope this helps !!

Hello,

I checked out the links that you provided but I could not find a way to download KB 409897 all by itself.  Instead, it seems I have to run Windows Update and let it decide what each of my SolarWinds my servers need.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks again--

0 Kudos
Level 11

Hi Sunil, I was getting the same error 2 weeks ago. Usually this error comes when same .Netframe KB doesn't install in your all solarwinds servers. If you have access on all sw windows servers, please match the .Netframe KB but please do filter at least 3 months .Netframe KB. Sometimes When you do patching activity on Windows servers at that time update does fail. In my case . Netframe kB was failed on 7 servers out of 11. Finally I had to uninstall the . Netframe from all 4 servers on it was installed. It is working fine now for me. Please don't uninstall latest . Netframewok like 4.7.1 if you have.mostly it happens with old release.

0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply. I have now same .NET versions in all servers but still issue persists. Please suggest

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

How did you check, can you please check it once through below process?

If you have admin access of the Solarwinds (main polling engine) please run below command on (power shell)

Note- where I mentionedSolarWindss host name - please keep there your solarwinds server host name only

Invoke-Command -ComputerName Solarwinds host name1, Solarwinds hostname2, Solarwinds hostname3, Solarwinds hostname4, Solarwinds hostname5, {

$Patches = 'KB3186539'

Get-HotFix -Id $Patches

} -Credential (Get-Credential) -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -ErrorVariable Problem

foreach ($p in $Problem)

{

if ($p.origininfo.pscomputername) {

Write-Warning -Message "Patch not found on $($p.origininfo.pscomputername)"

}

elseif ($p.targetobject) {

Write-Warning -Message "Unable to connect to $($p.targetobject)"

}

}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is output.

pastedImage_1.png

KB Details (.Net frame)

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update\View update history

pastedImage_4.png