cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 17

ANNOUNCING GENERAL AVAILABILITY OF NPM 10.7

It is our pleasure to announce that NPM 10.7 is now generally available!

As referenced below, many of these features were directly submitted and voted up by the community. Thanks for all of your ideas and lively discussion on how we can create a great product!

Let’s review some highlights:

Core

NPM

• Creation of “native” CPU and memory pollers for presently unsupported devices
  • Support for most Motorola and Ruckus wireless APs and WLCs  http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1201
  • Polling and display of VLAN information
  • Routing protocol support now includes OSPFv3 and EIGRP
    • VRFs are now supported as well
  • Dynamic baselining and thresholds for interface details - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1678

10.7 is available now in your customer portal.

Release notes may be found here.

42 Replies
Level 13

Hi Rob!  We just installed NPM 11.0.1 and now are converting the reports to the web-based Report Schedule Manager.  Is there a document on what permissions are needed for the local account?  My personal account has no specific server permissions; just access to the web-interface.  The admins added a local account to run the reports under, but the account's credentials are failing when I use the "test" button in the Schedule Manager.  Do I need to have them perform the following changes for the web-based scheduler too?  On the old scheduler, I had to:

1) Granted remote access via control panel>system>remote or (file:///c:/windows/system32/lusrmgr.msc)

2) Granted access to scheduled jobs via Cacls "c:\windows\tasks" /e /t /g "(server)\(account)":F  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785125(v=ws.10).aspx

3) The account needs "Log on as a batch job" permissions via either local or group policy (url: file:///C:/WINDOWS/system32/secpol.msc)

4) Grant read & execute permission to cmd.exe to user BATCH.  See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867466

5) Grant full control to folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys to (account).  (So the convert report to pdf will work in batch mode.)

After remoting to the computer using (account), create the .cmd file & add the scheduled task. Log in with (server)\(account) to the scheduler database or you'll get an error "user does not have 'management' rights".

Thanks Rob!!

p.s.  I forgot to mention the error I get when the reports run (and email a pdf report) under my account is ... a sign on screen with 'enable cookies to login' error message under it.

0 Kudos

Perhaps I'm overlooking something here, but selecting the user context in Web-based report scheduler is pretty straightforward:

10-1-2014 2-00-41 PM.png

0 Kudos

That's where I am putting the credentials, under the another user.  But if we use an NT account (either local or domain), the test button fails.  Maybe it has something to do with our https solarwinds site, using card credentials, etc.  If we use an Orion account, the test button works, but the pdf report contain the error "enable cookies to login".  I'll get someone to look at the pdf log files. (I assume they still exist.)

0 Kudos

Is Windows Authentication enabled by any chance? Is that user account able to log into the console at all? May need to get support involved on this: http://www.solarwinds.com/support/

0 Kudos

Windows Authentication / Passthrough is enabled, because I don't have to login (using my id) to the console.  Other issue,that is probably related, is when the console session times out, you can't log back in.  It doesn't like our id/passord.  Someone thought it was actually trying to log into the server.  As a workaround, we have to close IE, and let it passthru again. Since it's passing thru, I can't test to see if the local user can log in.  But, the reports won't create the PDF under my id either.  The admins are tied up right now, but I just wanted to update you.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Rob, Could you confirm that the Motorola RFS wireless controllers are still on the roadmap to be supported. My purchase of the product was based on this support and the experience has been frustrating as the required information is not coming through to the wireless interface.  Your new beta products don't seem to mention them either but have a strong focus on wireless.

0 Kudos

We are certainly looking to improve our Motorola support in the near term. Could you perhaps send over an SNMPWalk of the RFS model in question? (SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: SolarWinds SNMP Walk: A new tool for collecting SNMP MIB walks)

rob.hock{at}solarwinds.com

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade my existing system with New updates I went through the upgrade instructions however it shows only the earlier versions. Can anyone help me is there any flow chart to upgrade the modules one by one or any specific instructions to be carried out.

Current versions: Orion Platform 2013.1.0, SAM 5.5.0, IPAM 4.0, NCM 7.1.1, NPM 10.5, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.6.0

Desired upgrade: SAM 6.1.1, IPAM 4.1, NCM 7.2.2, NPM 10.7, NTA 4.0.1

Environment: main poller with additional poller running on Win 2008 R2, DB MSSQL server 2008.

0 Kudos
Level 20

I love it Rob!  In place on both coasts now... the snmp status polling is working out GREAT!

0 Kudos

Glad you like it sir! Stay tuned - we've got more great features on the way. Check out our latest WWWO post: What we're working on post-NPM 10.7

MVP
MVP

What are the downsides to skipping an upgrade?  If I pass on 10.7 and then install 10.7.1 or 10.8, is it likely that I will be required to download and install the version I skipped before installing the one I want?  We use NCM, VNQM, SAM, and IPAM in case that should be a consideration.

I don't think I've ever skipped an upgrade, although there are a few that I wish I had.  Since we don't really have issues getting pings through firewalls and we determine when SNMP is broken currently with an alert, I'm on the fence about the value of the upgrade to 10.7.

0 Kudos

You are usually fine with just a minor release or a major release, but if you wait too long, other applications you own may then require you to jump through the versions to get it all to the latest.

0 Kudos

Thank you.

Level 13

Since the upgrade to 10.7, all accents typed in are saved differently than prior the upgrade.  It seems the UTF-8 Format is not respected

pastedImage_1.png

The "é" represents an "é" that was typed in. French words and address contains a few accents that we have to preserve.

Am I the only one having this issue?

0 Kudos

This is indeed a known issue with field sanitization for Group properties in 10.7. We are looking at it presently.

0 Kudos

Thanks! Would you let me know when a patch is available? I would really appreciate.

0 Kudos

rob.hock, is there a fix for this? I have issue as well on a group name, changing an apostrophe to a string. That changed all my rules where group name was used as a variable...

Ex: Group name "L'Acadie" was changed for "L&#39Acadie"

Description "Même adresse que l'autre" was changed for "Même adresse que l'autre"

City name "Montréal" was changed for "Montr&#233al"

The integrity of my data has changed, and i'm upset about it.

0 Kudos

Indeed, the fix for this has already shown up in the NPM 11 beta. Beta has been out for some time, so likely there is RC on the horizon.

0 Kudos
Level 10

Scheduled reports no longer firing after 10.7 upgrade? Schedules and reports are still there, but the assignments appear to have been lost.

0 Kudos

Certainly not a known issue. A support ticket may be the best course of action: SolarWinds Customer Support - We're Here to Help

0 Kudos