cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

8.5 SSL site encryption.

I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.5. I discovered if you have the 'require secure channel (SSL)' checked on the 'Directory Security' tab in IIS the installer fails with an "Unable to write web configuration file" error. If you diasble it and run the config wizard again it installs without error. However, Now if you try to login using SSL you get error below.

I have a case open with support but wanted to know if anybody else who has upgraded to 8.5 is having problems with SSL encryption on the site as well? Or, if you did how did you fix it?

Orion must suport SSL encryption or it will be the end of its use in my organization. Too much sensitive information is contained within it to not allow SSL encryption.

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)
   at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)
   at Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies

I tracked it down and attached to this post-please replace the ClassicSiteProxy.cs in \Inetpub\SolarWinds\App_Code with the attached version.

You will need to change the file extension from .txt to .cs 

0 Kudos

Mark,

When I click on the file I get the 404 error page.("oops something went wrong") If I right click and do a save as I get the option to save the error page. I don't see a new email from support with the attachement so can you try posting it again?

0 Kudos

From what I could determine support is waiting for verification on a in house test fix- Check your ticket for an update shortly.

0 Kudos