This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

2nd Poller Requirements

Hi,

I need a 2nd Poller.  Our first poller is running on Windows 2008 32 bit with 24 Gig of memory and only using 5 Gig.

If I build a 2nd poller on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit, do I need 24 Gig of memory for 10,000 elements or shall 8 Gig be enough?

j

• Solarwinds stock answer is what is listed in the guides.

Currently for SLX is 8GB, but if you have any additional modules installed (such as APM or Server & Application Monitor) then you need to increase. I would suggest 8 to 16GB

• Your second poller is usually going to be a little lighter on requirements than your primary if all things are equal, so 8GB may be sufficient if it's just like your primary. However, there's a bunch of factors that could contribute to higher demand-such as the polling frequencies of devices on this poller, additional modules, if you have syslog/trap messages directed there, and any other software that could be deployed on the machine.

I'd recommend going with 8, and watch it after it's fully deployed to ensure that your resources aren't being taxed.