I know its a big release Sw should not be shy to use "next gen" release...
Bugs are part software dev. And I understand that.
any chance to see that 11.5.1
I'm not fan of hot fixes.
I noticed that SolarWinds posted NPM v11.5.1 on my Customer Portal, although I did not see any announcements about it in Thwack. I wonder why no announcement was posted in Thwack about it. Anyway, the URL for the Release Notes for NPM v11.5.1 is shown below:
By the way, my SW instances are finally stable, after a lot of work and many meetings w/SW tech support. So, I am not planning to install this new version yet. I will wait a few weeks, to see others' experiences with this new release. What about you? Are you planning to go for the update or will you wait as well? Just curious...
We have been holding off on upgrades waiting for 11.5.1. We got our major issue with MSMQ backing up resolved (not entirely sure it was related to the upgrade to 11.5) and now our installation is pretty stable. We need to install the UDT (v.3.2.2) upgrade as well to fix the many issues with v.3.2.
are trying to say that I'm a chicken ?
So yes you're probably right...
I just push a new polling engine and NCM to my 11.1 setup.
I think ... we will "move up" when NCM will have the same alert engine.
mmmm do I need to change the thread title to "is 11.5.2 is on the way? I just not brave enough to 11.5.1"
I hoped that we can close that thread and move on.....
Sadly, if when they release NPM v12, I think this thread will begin all over again... It may be a while before we can forget the Nightmare on Elm Street..
Err, I mean, the Nightmare on NPM Street...
I hope someone from solarwinds PM will come with some "officel"updates....
What's Up /Down with NPM 11.5 SAM 6.2
Are there any combination that are not playing well togther ?
Will sure help to clear up some rumour?
There are no systemic integration issues between modules at present. Apologies for the HF deployment issues- certainly that many manual steps isn't ideal, but our goal is to release urgent fixes as quickly as possible. In the future we're looking at a easier deployment option for Hotfixes, which should be ready shortly along with SR.
I tried to apply NPM hotfixes #1 and #4 yesterday (per recommendations from SW tech support), but it did not go well at all. Read and weep...
So, I am back to square one -- with the same problems w/the alerts and w/o hotfixes. I added another note to the case, asking the developer for a true fix that does not require so much work. I cannot afford to have my main monitoring system down for hours and hours again, especially if the work is fruitless.
PS: I am getting flashbacks of the Nightmare of Elm Street movies. Just when you thought everything was OK, Freddy would resurface and start the nightmare all over again...
Oh no! I was hoping it was just me. Perhaps my post earlier was still being moderated when you started things.
I ripped their directory locations into a batch file that I attached to the thread so I didn't get into trouble by misdirecting files.
Batch went through without error doing the file backups and patching/overrides, and HF4 has intern resolved my issue for the traps.
Just going through things now with support to clarify things so I can get an understanding/resolve this Core Setup mismatch
Will update when I get something.
Hmm... copying files via a batch file...That's an interesting idea... Thanks, squinsey!!!
You know, what you're describing sounds a lot like what I asked the SW folks for them to incorporate onto their hotfixes. The current HF process very much prone to errors - especially when multiple servers also multiple directories are involved.
Anyway, I think I'll try that next time, instead of manually copying files. Of course, I will think thrice before upgrading... From now on, I'm going back to waiting a couple of months after new releases -- and learning from others' good and bad experiences. No more living in the bleeding edge.... Sorry, SW folks..., I'm just a bit tired of feeling like a guinea pig.
Now that I think of it..., Where the name guinea pig come from? Those cute little rodents look nothing like pigs!!!
Yer I do the batch way so I can do a test, then allow the T1 server guys to deploy patches etc overnight during the approved change window.
They then only need to give me a call if there is an bigger issue, as I've already gone through this kind of pain.
so question as I just got an email to install hotfix 4 to address some problems , so question is 1-3 rolled up in 4 or do I need to do these other ones as well ? and is this hotfix worth the effort
From what I understand...,
I hope this helps.
Oh that does. Thanks for calling out that one - hadn't seen NPM v11.5 HF1 as yet. Best I check that one out.
Might be needing it for our PPT instance we're still ramping up before PROD is completely built.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process.