cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

10.3 upgrade- unable to add individual windows users

Jump to solution

Has anyone else run into a problem following upgrading to 10.3 in adding individual Windows users?  After suppling admin creds and searching for a user account system displays error message:  The domain specified is invalid or not operational.  Please re-enter search string.

Creds verified, and I'm unable to search even for my own account successfully.  I have Case #358776 open with support.  Anyone run across something like this in 10.3?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

Issue turned out to be the domain name is now required to be fully qualified in the account search field.  Previously, domain\username was sufficient to add an individual user.  Now domain.com\username is required.  Always a good idea to fully qualify, but change was unexpected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 11

Issue turned out to be the domain name is now required to be fully qualified in the account search field.  Previously, domain\username was sufficient to add an individual user.  Now domain.com\username is required.  Always a good idea to fully qualify, but change was unexpected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Perhaps it would make sense to update the help text to accompany a change like this? It still just says "Use Domain\Username format" like it always has. Why not change that to "Use FQDN\Username format (e.g. solarwinds.com\jimbob)" so that admins have some clue of what is required, or do one step even better and just change the format to "username@domain" so that it matches how Microsoft has changed to this format.

0 Kudos