This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

10.2.2 Upgrade - Anyone else have issues after the upgrade?

dedI'm just curious if anyone else had issues upgrading NPM from version 10.x to 10.2.2.  The upgrade installed but I get the following errors now:

• SWCollectorManagementAgentSVC cannot start
  • SWCollectorPollingControllerSVC cannot start
  • SWCollectorDataProcessorSVC cannot start.

I have been working with Tech Support and they have been very helpful in troubleshooting but we still don't have a resolution yet.  Due to this, our installation hasn't been polling devices since the upgrade yesterday morning.

• Can you please post here your case number?

• Worked with Adrian from Tech Support.  He was very helpful and on the ball.  He had to uninstall the Collector Services and then reinstall.  System working as expected now.

• I have had to do that exact process after several upgrades that I have done, it seems like a common problem.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

i have found that either windows or solarwinds likes to lock files and processes that cause upgrades to fail often.

so to counter that when you go to upgrade follow the steps below:

back up database

stop all solarwinds processes then set them disabled

restart the server

uninstall the current version

restart the server

set all solarwinds processes back to automatic
    run the install

since i started using this process back on ver 8.5 i have not had any issues when upgrading to the new versions.

and have only had between 30 to 45 min of downtime for any given upgrade