cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

running slow NCM 7.8

We have recently migrated from NCM 7.7 to NCM 7.8.

The Config Backup Jobs are running extremely slow. In  NCM 7.7, it  used to complete in less than 3 hours and  with NCM 7.8 , it takes 18 hours !!

Has anyone experience this slowness  ??

9 Replies
Level 9

Does the HF5 includes HF1 ? I guess it does, but even @ HF5 we are experiencing this issue.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I have been having the same issue. As others have mentioned I just applied HF1 and things have improved dramatically. If my nightly backup job completed, which it rarely did, it took 1 day 14 hours. With the patch applied I just ran the job and it completed in 40 minutes. Nice!

0 Kudos
Level 8

The hotfix should take care of the slow running issue just bear in mind that to apply the hotfix "it requires SolarWinds Orion Platform 2018.2 and must be installed on the main polling engine, on any additional polling engines or web servers, and High Availability servers."

I believe this issue has been resolved in the latest NCM HotFix (NCM 7.8 HF1).

Orion hotfix release notes - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

A hotfix bundle for products with Orion 2018.2 was released on September 28, 2018.

NCM 7.8 Hotfix 1 - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Fixed issues

This hotfix addresses the following issues:

• NCM no longer produces invalid temp files, which were causing nightly configuration backups to take much longer than usual.
  • NCM is now able to backup and manage configs that contain special characters such as accents.
  • Downloading or backing up configs from Nexus or Cisco ASA devices is no longer slow.
  • NCM no longer creates temporary files with double file extensions, which was causing antivirus software to deny access to the files and preventing NCM backups to fail.

Thank you,

-Will

we have the same issue, jobs for 500 nodes config download just for startup config taking over 30+ hours - since upgrade to 2018.2 HF5

0 Kudos

Hey Thomas,

I had opened a case for this issue and the thing that worked for me was clearing out the windows temp folder on the server running solar winds. Our backups went from 12+ hours to last nights 23 minutes and 14 seconds.

0 Kudos

thomas.wing.dpd we are aware of an issue similar to what you are experiencing, please open a support case so we can track this and verify.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Same here, I'm trying to locate the cause right now.

0 Kudos

I am also having the same issue.  My backup jobs are sitting at 73% complete since 6am this morning.  I have been spending hours thinking my NCM profiles or passwords were the issue.  Also since I upgraded I have been getting a lot of Unable to Log into Router errors as well Connection Refused.  

0 Kudos