This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

monitoring for condition - NCM - Unable to connect to remote polling engine xxxx. Verify that this engine is running and retry your operation.

We are running into issues with NCM showing the error

Unable to connect to remote polling engine WPCB04A. Verify that this engine is running and retry your operation.

pastedImage_3.png

I'm not too concerned about remediation, we can just restart the server or services but I want to be able to detect this with monitoring or reporting.

The only way I know to detect this is settings > NCM settings > Config archive folder locations.  Does anyone know a SWIS query or report we can use to detect this?  I am going to look through the Engines table and see if the problematic poller shows a different value that can detect this.

Thanks in advance. 

• I would be interested to see if this result is replicated in the Polling Engines page. I am not sure if hitting this page causes a live connection to the APE or if a value is returned from the database.

The Engines table has a column LastUpdate which you can query to see if it is doing its job. Also if you have SAM you can do a test to the 17777 / 17778 port as as HTTP / HTTPS monitor (in new version you would use the API monitor type, which we are very much looking forward too.

Mark

• I'd suggest to restart Orion services and check again if NCM has issues. If yes - run Config Wizard. If will not help assign case to SolarWinds.