This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

how to push configuration out to routers based on a variable in the current config such as IP address of WAN

Is there a way to set a node property to a variable from information in the configuration...  Such as an IP address in an access list or an IP address on a WAN interface?  Then take and use that varaible to push out configuration such as

I need to add an additional line to an existing access list which is based on the wan interface IP address of the router...

or add interface descriptions based on IP address or location

access-list 115 permit tcp host 5.5.5.5 eq 5060 host ${WANIPADDRESSVAR}

• You can create a custom property in NCM to store the WAN IP Address variable, but you would have to fill it out manually.   I completely understand the use-case though and, as noted in this post, we're working on "advanced scripting".

Advanced scripting will provide the following capabilities:

1. Ability to add logic to command scripts (e.g. if, then, else)

2. Ability to access NCM inventory data in scripts (e.g. custom properties, interface description, VLAN, etc.).  

3. Ability to gather script inputs (e.g. node, interface description, etc.) interactively through web UI when script is run.

The combination of #1 and #2 above would certainly address your scripting use-case.   If you're interested in participating in future preview demos or betas of this functionality, I can certainly include you.   Just shoot me a private email.

Thanks again for the post!

• From what version onwards of NCM is

1. Ability to add logic to command scripts (e.g. if, then, else)

2. Ability to access NCM inventory data in scripts (e.g. custom properties, interface description, VLAN, etc.).

Available from?

Where could I find the API or a guide as to how to use these advanced features? Any guides or tutorials available?chris.lapoint