This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

few questions about Orion platform without NPM?

I will make a fresh new installation of NCM, VMan, IPAM and UDT. I know that NCM, IPAM and UDT use Orion platform but I have few questions:

• can I use Orion integration module to integrate VMan with NCM, IPAM and UDT console without NPM?
  • can all above modules (VMan, NCM, IPAM and UDT) share the same SQL database (I think yes but just to be sure)?
  • is 'Alerting, Reporting and Mapping' application group included into NCM, IPAM and UDT modules as Orion platform element (as well as 'Advanced Features' apps group). Other words - will I have Network Atlas and Advanced Alert Matager and Report Writer on Orion platform?

Can anobody answer that?

Jaroslaw

• can I use Orion integration module to integrate VMan with NCM, IPAM and UDT console without NPM?

Not currently. NPM or SAM is required. The only requirement is that the ESX host is a managed node in NPM/SAM. The plan is to cut off this dependency as well as per the first roadmap item

Virtualization Manager - What We Are Working On

• can all above modules (VMan, NCM, IPAM and UDT) share the same SQL database (I think yes but just to be sure)?

If NCM, IPAM and UDT are installed on the same server, they will share the database. If you also have NPM or SAM, the integrated VMan data will also be in the same SQL database

• is 'Alerting, Reporting and Mapping' application group included into NCM, IPAM and UDT modules as Orion platform element (as well as 'Advanced Features' apps group). Other words - will I have Network Atlas and Advanced Alert Matager and Report Writer on Orion platform?

Alerting, Reporting and Mapping features are part of the Orion platform.  So, yes, you will have Network Atlas, Advanced Alert Manager and the web based reporter (+ legacy Report Writer) as part of it. Product specific capabilities may vary for these core features.

• Hi

thanks for answer. Now I feel having better view of whole stuff - I will install all on the same database but without VMan integration because no NPM and SAM is included.

BR/Jaroslaw