cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christineb
Level 15

Re: What We Are Working On Now...

Jump to solution

Hi everyone - the RC is now ready. If you are interested in participating, please send me a message with your SWID. 

--Christine 

0 Kudos
damien.solodow
Level 12

Jump to solution

What is new in the RC? We're likely interested in checking it out, but I'll need to make sure our network geeks know what to go play with. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi Damien - pretty much everything we were working on made it in to the RC. Here is an overview: 

• Improved Policy Reporter – Interface-level policy checking, improved performance, and a completely new, web interface and workflow. Thwack integration enables sharing both inside and outside the organization. Additionally, a syntax checker allows you to see how rules will be applied to a chosen config.  You will find all of this in the Orion/NCM integration piece.

• Support for multiple config types – Backup and restore configs of whatever type you prefer.

• Comprehensive IpV6 support.

• Improved inventory management – Performance has been greatly enhanced (8x improvement).

• Additional device templates  - Motorola WS5100 WAP and ES3000 switch devices, Ericsson switches, Meru network controller, and many others are now supported.

0 Kudos
Questionario
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hey Christine,

the improved policy reporter sounds interesting, what kind of improved inventory reports are you talking about?

I hope something like this:

will be possible natively (that report is the only useful report we use from NCM).

Looking forward to the GA release (we dont do the RCs in production environment)!

PS: can you tell if the GA-release is planned together with APM4?

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi Questionario - the inventory reports improvements are mainly around the web UI and performance. We didn't actually add any new reports in this RC. We do have a Cisco inventory report with serial numbers in the product though - what were you needing in the report that you sent? 

There's no intentional syncing between APM and NCM GA dates. We just started our RC with NCM. 

--Christine 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Questionario
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi Christine,

I tried the built-in serial report in NCM which is practically useless unless you put a lot of work in it everytime you export it into excel, it lists items that don't even have a serial.

The report I linked I would guess is what everybody would be looking for, perfect to send on which items you need a smartnet contract or something similar for. it lists basically everything you can exchange in your hardware.

I would also like to note that the way NCM presents reports on the web look nice but are not too practical for most larger reports, there should be an option to show the whole report like it does in NPM.

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi Questionario - thanks for the input. I'll enter this in our tracking system as something we should incorporate into a release. Makes sense!

--Christine

0 Kudos
awcrane
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Christine,

We are interested in recieving the RC.
Customer ID: SW368246
If you need anything else let me know.

Adam

0 Kudos
sjweinstein
Level 9

Jump to solution

Support for HP "A" series switches

Also a filter option on import jobs from NPM so we can be selective in wha goes into NCM.  For example we have to moinitor APC UPS used with all of the routers but the import job pulls them into NCM so i have to create filters on the backups jobs to keep them from appearing as errors in the logs

0 Kudos
sjweinstein
Level 9

Jump to solution

Support for HP "A" series switches

Also a filter option on import jobs from NPM so we can be selective in wha goes into NCM.  For example we have to moinitor APC UPS used with all of the routers but the import job pulls them into NCM so i have to create filters on the backups jobs to keep them from appearing as errors in the logs

0 Kudos