Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: What We Are Working On Now...

Jump to solution

no, i didnt mean which user is logged in...

I actually meant the exact same thing that is already implemented, except also for nodes that are not implemented in orion (I wouldnt want to monitor every single phone and PC...)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

Well see - now that's what I get for assuming. As far as monitoring every phone and PC - you just have to monitor the interfaces they are attached to. But when you are working with devices that are wirelessly connected - you will see them without incrementing your license. 

--Christine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

Actually, I do have every single interface monitored... we do it to see errors on user ports as well... havent been able to see any users connected though...

I tried again with Orion 10.0 SP1 but ever since I installed SP1, I got more problems than before...

Just noticed that I cant even seem to be able to run that report anymore... but I would think that a search box where like the one for IPAM would be much nicer 🙂

anyhow I might end up going back to pre-SP1 to even be able to browse the orion website....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

couldnt edit my post so here is a new post...

I can run that report (mistook it for another report), however I still only see nodes managed by Orion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

Christine,

I still don't quite understand why you don't just use the TCL Expect language in your product for doing config updates and device templates.  You could choose to not implement "spawn", but using an existing Expect language means all programming docs and tutorials are already covered on the internet AND you could use modifications of existing RANCID scripts in Cirrus.  Just expose the database variables and we could automate anything.  Adding a tool like AutoIT to automate HTTP interfaces would complete the toolset for web-only interfaces.

CatTools had this phobia as well, requiring script changes to be compiled and encrypted by the Kiwi folks.

-=Dan=-

0 Kudos
Level 13

Jump to solution

>>Improved inventory management – we are working on making this process easier and the reports even more useful. 

This is great!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The ability to create compliance rules from the web browser would be great.

Also, being able to deploy config snipets to specific devices that are found to be compliant/not compliant from the compliance manager view in the web site.

For instance when you get the warning state of the device you can currently drill down into that device for more information. It would be nice to either have an option to deploy a configuration from that site or to right click on the warning indication.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi Johnmad - I think you're going to like what we've been working on! 

--Christine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Christine - is there a date yet for beta and RC?

Thanks, Chris.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi Chris - I can't give you dates because of our public company rules (such a drag), but I can speak in vague terms - so vaguely - I can say - in the next months. We're already doing customer walk-throughs of some of the features, so it's moving right along. 

--Christine

0 Kudos