Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Questionario
Level 14

Re: What We Are Working On Now...

Jump to solution

Hi Christine,

I assume user tracking will not make it into the next release?

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Hi Questionario - it's not currently being worked on, but it is on the road map with very high priority. So I wouldn't look for it in the next release, but it will be something we work on very soon. 

--Christine

0 Kudos
Questionario
Level 14

Jump to solution

Smiley Sad

was hoping for it to be in the 6 already, its quite a useful feature to give to helpdesk personnel in order to quickly find a certain pc/phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Questionario - we do have it, but I assume you meant that you're looking for what user is logged in. You've seen the "discovered links" report in Orion yes? (reports->topology reports->discovered links). What user is logged in is coming up on the road map. 

--Christine

0 Kudos
Questionario
Level 14

Jump to solution

no, i didnt mean which user is logged in...

I actually meant the exact same thing that is already implemented, except also for nodes that are not implemented in orion (I wouldnt want to monitor every single phone and PC...)

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Well see - now that's what I get for assuming. As far as monitoring every phone and PC - you just have to monitor the interfaces they are attached to. But when you are working with devices that are wirelessly connected - you will see them without incrementing your license. 

--Christine

0 Kudos
Questionario
Level 14

Jump to solution

Actually, I do have every single interface monitored... we do it to see errors on user ports as well... havent been able to see any users connected though...

I tried again with Orion 10.0 SP1 but ever since I installed SP1, I got more problems than before...

Just noticed that I cant even seem to be able to run that report anymore... but I would think that a search box where like the one for IPAM would be much nicer Smiley Happy

anyhow I might end up going back to pre-SP1 to even be able to browse the orion website....

0 Kudos
Questionario
Level 14

Jump to solution

couldnt edit my post so here is a new post...

I can run that report (mistook it for another report), however I still only see nodes managed by Orion.

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Ok Smartd - It took me a little time but I have answers - comments to all your questions. 

1. The issue with feedback on whether a script worked or not is that we don't know what kind of error message the device might return. That being said, I'm tracking this as a feature request for scripts in general, and I will here as well. 

2. You can easily use NCM macros in the script. The only thing is that NCM macros contain ‘{}’ brackets. These brackets are used by the templates as well. So, in order to avoid collision – macros can be used in the following way:

string @macros='${date}'

CLI

{

show @macros 

}

3 & 4. The syntax check  - That's your "validate" button. The syntax check is also performed automatically when you try to execute a template. 

5. Are you getting a session timeout here? You say it happens a lot? I will look into this one a bit more. 

6&7 - I got those entered as feature requests. 

All in all - we haven't had just a lot of feedback on the CCT - so this is really good stuff. Please let me know if you have more ideas or let me know if you any comments on my comments!

--Christine

0 Kudos
jspanitz
Level 14

Jump to solution

Can we get Cisco Switch VTP information added as part of the config backup / inventory?

0 Kudos