Hi All - these inventory management improvements are on the road map. I don't know if they will make them into the next release, but they are high priority and should be coming up very soon.
Hi Dfairles - will real time change detection accomplish what you are trying to do? And on MAC address searching - that's on page 44 of the admin guide - or am I not understanding your use case?
Being able to do most of the funcitons on the Web-Interface instead of having to login to the server and run the application would be a huge plus - ie - adding/removing devices.
Hi Don - moving more functionality to the web is definitely our long-term goal. We'll have more and more functionality ported with each release. The policy reporter improvements we're working on now will all be web-based - so look for that soon!
I'd like to have a LLDP inventory similar to the CDP inventory. Someone posted a script to add interface descritpions based on CDP results. I'd love to do that with LLDP since we are not a big Cisco shop
I'm trying to import some devices from Orion to Cirrus,
Running the import wizard...
1. Import wizard does not remember your database credentials. That's a pain. Please allow saving credentials
2. Select import rows screen...
Thanks Smartd - Enhancing this part of NCM is on the roadmap. You bring up some excellent points. Internal viewers - I'm tracking this at FB24859.
If you have seen any of my Config Change Template questions, this function needs some more quality time. It just barely works:
1. There is no way to get real-time feedback from the CLI, such as to test for successful command execution. I'd also like to be able to set an exit errorlevel so that the template would flag execution errors. You have to check each execution output file for errors manually.
2. It's not documented if you can use NCM system variables in templates. Getting the date, the name of the login user, etc would be helpful.
3. The template editor has no syntax checking. Checking for pairs of curly brackets would be most helpful. Colored syntax checking (like the VIM editor has in Linux has) would be very helpful. A lookup for variables to insert would also be helful.
4. The validate option doesn't seem to do much. Validation really comes when you try to run the template, and it doesn't give line numbers or anything to debug.
5. Is there a way to stop the Web UI from timing out? I have lost work on scripts several times with the Web UI logs out and I have to log back in. Don't see a way in the Admin settings.
#6 When you go to execute a CCT, the dialog for picking devices to apply it to has no way to filter or sort. I need AT LEAST the IP address listed.
7. I'm having a hard time figuring out which devices I've applied the template to and which I have not. I'd sure like to be able to sort devices by which template were applied, or at the least the date last updated.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.