cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christineb
Level 15

What We Are Working On Now...

Jump to solution

Hi everyone – there’s no summer vacation for the NCM team. We just got NCM 6.0 out the door, and we’re already hard at work on a number of new features. In addition to the routine set of fixes, new device templates, and other optimizations – we’re working on:

Improved Policy Reports – import and export policies, rules, and possibly whole reports.  Check for violations in config blocks (interface-level checking). We’re also looking at enhancing the user interface to make policy creation more intuitive and management much simpler. 

Support for multiple config types – you’ve asked for this, and we’re working on it now.

Additional IpV6 support – NCM already has IpV 6 support for many activities, and we’re working on additional support.

Improved inventory management – we are working on making this process easier and the reports even more useful. 

Additional device templates  - including support for Motorola WS5100 WAP and ES3000 switch devices.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
62 Replies
jspanitz
Level 14

Re: What We Are Working On Now...

Jump to solution

Sorry, this is sort of a double post.  I mistakenly posted to the Blog entry the first time.

Any chance to Windows GUI search feature will be ported to the web console?  And perhaps a more automated way to set up realtime change alerts Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

We are indeed working on bringing global search to the integration module (it's only in the standalone website right now). I think that is the search you are referring to? On the real-time change alerts - that's definitely in the plan, but it's a little lower in the priorities. We know it's a pain to set those up though, so we'll be addressing that soon. 

--Christine

0 Kudos
ynchan38
Level 7

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "Multiple Config Types"?

If you means support for multiple contexts (Cisco ACE, ASA and FWSM), I will be eager to see that.

There might be workaround available, however it is not native and actually a lot of work to setup for each contexts per device.  We are using context extensively and it is not quite practical to use the workaround.

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Yes, that's what we mean. We're working on making that a lot easier. 

0 Kudos
pblosser03
Level 7

Jump to solution

What is the work around?  I searched around the forums for a bit, but I didn't see any workarounds for this.  We have an ACE as well, and I was wondering how to do this.

0 Kudos
christineb
Level 15

Jump to solution

Sorry, I don't really have a workaround for you right now, but that feature is coming up very soon. 

--Christine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bzeitner
Level 9

Jump to solution

By "Improved inventory management", does that include the ability to store more than one inventory's worth of data?

For example, I want to search for a MAC address. If that machine wasn't connected at the time of the inventory (or, more specifically, still in the MAC table of the device), it won't show up.

I run inventories at night. I tried running multiple inventories, but the last one run simply overwrites the previous.

It makes it difficult to see where users/ devices are (i.e. a user goes on vacation and turns off PC/ takes laptop with).

0 Kudos
dfairles
Level 13

Jump to solution

By "Improved inventory management", does that include the ability to store more than one inventory's worth of data?

For example, I want to search for a MAC address. If that machine wasn't connected at the time of the inventory (or, more specifically, still in the MAC table of the device), it won't show up.

I run inventories at night. I tried running multiple inventories, but the last one run simply overwrites the previous.

It makes it difficult to see where users/ devices are (i.e. a user goes on vacation and turns off PC/ takes laptop with).

This is very important for us as well.

Our top 2 would be MAC address searching, and auto config downloading and alerting on a change.

0 Kudos
dclick
Level 13

Jump to solution

Can we get 3DES encryption for SNMP v3 added? Many of my devices (cisco ASA firewalls) support this encryption.

Thanks.

0 Kudos