This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What Is Happening With Support?

So here is the deal,  I have had a support request open since 11/21/2008.  (For those that care the number is 69305) It took 4 days to get someone to look at my box with me.  I was then told that this would have to be escalated to a higher tier for research.  I waited, and waited and waited for a response and finally sent a request for a status update on 12/18 and this is the response I got:

Update for Case #69305 - "Error in NCM"

Your issue has been addressed in the next release of the product "NCM 5.1. This case will stay open and you will be notified when you can download it.

*Name Removed*

First... this email gives me absolutely no indication as to when that release might be or what my original problem was to begin with.  How do I know that this new release will fix my problem?

Second...since when is it acceptable to leave a production piece of software in a malfunctioning state until the next release?  What kind of support is that?

Third, I asked these questions in an email (12/18) and they were ignored...great service!

So, I am posting here in hope that someone who can do something will help me out.  I am less than satisfied as a customer right now.

• First... this email gives me absolutely no indication as to when that release might be or what my original problem was to begin with.  How do I know that this new release will fix my problem?

It appears this web error was caused by a blank report (report with no fields defined).   Can you examine your reports through the desktop application to see if there are any blank ones?

Second...since when is it acceptable to leave a production piece of software in a malfunctioning state until the next release?  What kind of support is that?

5.1 is coming within the next 2-3 weeks, so that was actually the soonest release vehicle we had to resolve this issue.   You're right though, the problem and workaround should have been clearly outlined for you.

Third, I asked these questions in an email (12/18) and they were ignored...great service!

I'll follow-up with our support manager on this one.  It's likely we were experiencing heavy load on Thurs and Fri with many people trying to close out tickets before the leaving for the holidays.