This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Website configuration failed in Orion Configuration wizard

I have been struggling during the configuration process of NCM 7.2

I installed NCM and went through the configuration process.  The first configuration process went well and it also created the 1st new database which I was able to see SQL server management.

I am stuck in the Orion configuration wizard.

I choose to modify all three, Database, website and services; I log into the same SQL server as I did in the previous configuration.  I chose to create a new DB, however, when I rerun the config, that 'new' DB appears in the existing DB option;  Finally, for the website settings which I'm most unfamiliar with, in the IP address, I choose: All unassigned; port 80, and website root is InetPub/SolarWinds and I chose yes to enable automatic log in.

The overall progress bar goes all the way to the end until I get the Error that reads:

"Website configuration failed: Connection so SolarWinds Information Service did not succeed.  Last error: there was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://(servername):17777/Solarwinds/InformationSerices/Orion/certificate that could accept the message.  This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.  See InnerException, if present, for more details."

I am a new user with this and do not know how to configure a website for this.  Does anyone have suggestions.

If system info, I am on a server without internet access; I am using Microsoft SQL 2005 sp4 - Express edition.

For SQL, I have been told by SolarWinds that I would need to purchase the full version, is that true?  And also, I have read that only 2005 works with NCM 7.2 or can I use a new version of SQL express, like 2012?

Any help is appreciated!