This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Version of TFTP Installed

Why isn't the latest versio of Solarwind TFTP Server installed with NCM?  I'm upgraded to NCM version 5.1, but I still have a TFTP server that can't push a 40MB file.  I need this ability because the latest images for the Cisco 2811 Router rank in at about 42MB.  The TFTP server that i can download from your website will actually push this file, but the TFTP server installed with NCM will not.  What's up with this?

• I hear you.   As much as it pained me, we didn't replace it in 5.0 due to the number of big moving parts already in that release and the risk of breaking any NCM-specific integration.  Our plan is to upgrade the TFTP server in the next major release of NCM.

In the meantime, the workaround is as you described.  Download the latest free TFTP server from our site and use this to push the larger files.

• Please expand on this topic.  I'm new to NCM, am running 5.1 SP5, and am having problems with NCM using TFTP for transfering files off my Nortel L2 and L3 switches.

Is the work around as simple as disabling a TFTP service in the Windows Services, and then installing the latest SW TFTP server as a service, or putting it in the startup group on the server?

Or perhaps this is something unique to Nortel.  The files I'm trying to get off the switches run several Mb, but not 40 MB+

rschroeder1@smdc.org

• Are you transferring files using a script?   If so, when executing a TFTP transfer through a script, NCM has no knowledge of what commands you are executing.  So, you'll need to start the TFTP server manually and then run the scripts.  

• I am using the Execute Command Script function in NCM.  How do I integrate the updated TFTP server to have NCM use it instead of the one that comes with NCM?

• If you install that TFTP server and have it started when executing command script, you should be good.