This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using macros for emails in RTCN settings

Jiri found me a solution to my problem of sending different RTCN emails to different groups around the company/globally.

Simple solution is to have a node custom property such as RTCN_Email or mine is ContactName then enter that macro in the RTCN settings under To: or CC: fields.

ncm_rtcn_macro_email.png

• Good to hear it works emoticons_happy.png.

Actually, the credit goes to NCM engineering team.

Jiri

• I am curious about this particular functionality of Orion.  I am not too familiar with the use of Macros.  I would like the RTCN to send email's out when the RTCN triggers for only a certain number of devices, not all devices as it is currently setup.  I still want RTCN to do its thing such as download configs when its been activated, but I just want to be alerted on certain devices instead of everything.  Will this work for me? Can you elaborate on how macros work?