This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade Juniper and Cisco Switches

I am trying to find information about updating Juniper EX 4200 switches with an more up-to-date jloader and JunOS software and also trying to find ways to upgrade Cisco IOS for 3000 series switches and 4000 series switches. 

I have all the information, I am just trying to get started.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Dwane

• Im looking at the same thing (Cisco IOS) - 3550, 3560, 3560G and 3750.

The following command works -

archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tx.x.x.x/.../c3550-ipbase-tar.122-40.SE.tar

but only if there is enough free space.  The dilema I have now is checking free flash space (show flash:) and then running the -

delete /force /recursive flash:/c3550-i9q3l2-mz.121-8.EA1b

where the c3550-i9q3l2-mz.121-8.EA1b will change for every IOS... if I get it working I will post it up.

• Hi Dwane, I am trying to do the same thing. Can you point me in the right direction.

I understand I need to update the loader and the junos. I have the correct files but am having problems getting them on the 4200. SO far I have tried the USB but its not mounting properly. I have also tried to ftp it across the lan but am unable to remove family ethernet-switching to put on family inet. I have also tried to break in but there is an issue with the speed setting. It shoudl be 100 but on the Juniper its 1000. I am then seeing a panic arp and no response from the server. WHich is odd as I can ping the switch fromt he server so there is traffic passing both ways.

Thanks, Steve

• Hi Steve.

Depending on what version of Orion you have, you may not be able to do this.  As I recall, and we even had tech support from Orion working with us but there was no way of issuing a stop after each command.  So two commands would run together.  I guess you could not program in a <CR><CR><LF>.  We ended up just installing and reloading ourselves. 

Sorry.  But like I said, check you version of NCM.

• Hi,

Are you saying you would need a command like 'delay(time)' that would make NCM stop for a while after it sends a command?

Jiri

• Jiri

I am not sure what command to type in. At the time of our issue, we had support working on it and could not get that Pause to work.

Remember in the old DOS batch days, you would put a pause or wait x amount of seconds. There is nothing like that in this process. I cannot remember whether it was the Juniper switch that would just execute the command or NCM that would just toss them out there.

Thank you,

Dwane

210-450-0158 (work)

210-360-9872 (cell)

• We're working on that -- see .