This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updating node IP wont allow NCM to update

I ran into an issue today where our nodes were added with an OOB IP address, but I want to change them to use loopbacks. I can change them under manage nodes >> edit node, and SNMP polling works fine, but I find that I need to delete the entire node in order for the test for NCM to be successful. Is this on purpose or is there something I am missing?

• This shouldn't be a problem.  I assume you've tried SSH or telnet'ing to the devices using the IP you're managing them by from your SW server and you could get in?   If it works, you should be fine.  If not, it could be an ACL or routing problem for that IP...

• Go to edit node, and change 'Manage node(s) with NCM' to 'NO'. Submit the change, then go back in and change it back to 'YES'. See if this works for one of your other problem nodes.

I can't imagine you'd need to completely remove it, as you'll loose all monitoring history (if you have any other Orion modules), and that's a definite no-no in most situations.