cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Unable to remove node from NCM

Jump to solution

I have a node in NCM that I cannot delete. If I delete it in NPM it does not delete it in NCM. If I do a database sync, it reappears in NPM. If I then try again to delete it, it removes it from NPM, but not NCM.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi cahunt,

This problem will be ultimately fixed when we merge NCM and NPM databases. See the WWO post: What We Are Working On For NCM After 7.2

Regards,

Jiri

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Level 7

I have a backup job that runs every week and it keeps looking for 2 nodes (ORLSW47 & 48) and of course failing.

I followed the instructions above but it keeps re-adding 2 nodes that are no longer in production to the Node Management list in the web interface.

When I find them in NCM on the SW server and choose delete it just launches IE to the web interface list of nodes and they are not there.

NCM.JPG

Web Interface.JPG

0 Kudos

Hi dreamtfk,

I suggest upgrading to NCM 7.3.

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi,

I met the same issue last month, and fixed now.

The steps I did was:

1. do the "Node Sync" on top right corner of Webconsole - Setting - NCM Settings

2. delete the node from NCM Setting

3. delete the node from NPM Setting

Hoping helpful,  think this should be fixed on the future version.

Regards,

Gee

Thanks 

Worked for me too !!!

0 Kudos

Yes this should be fixed, more control is better. And I do not want to have to sync every time I or someone else forgot to remove the node from NCM first.

I have too many nodes to try and figure out which one, got added back in. And once in; is it going to meet the requirements of an alert trigger; creating a false alert.

0 Kudos

Hi cahunt,

This problem will be ultimately fixed when we merge NCM and NPM databases. See the WWO post: What We Are Working On For NCM After 7.2

Regards,

Jiri

View solution in original post

That will be the day. thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos

Worked like a charm, thanks!

0 Kudos

This worked for me! Thanks gundam0523

Level 18

Hi,

What NCM version are you running?

Please check this thread: .

Regards,

Jiri