cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Unable to Backup / SSH

Jump to solution

If I use the latest standalone version of putty I can connect to this device.

If I try and SSH using the builtin links from Solarwinds or try to do a config backup it fails. I get:

stuartd_0-1594037192819.png

or when trying to backup I see this in the device logs:

stuartd_1-1594037372944.png

A search takes me to some old posts on thwack that suggests the encryption is potentially to new, but the client has had a pen test and it has been recommended they don't use anything less.

The devcies in question are: H3C (aka HPE) MSR2000x series

This, KB Article suggests running a certain command that simply doiesn't exist / work on these devices, but the closest I can find is:
display SSH2 algorithm
and then this old (as in 2013 old) post has @lukas.belza saying 'our SSH library is quite old'.

The encryption alhorithm is: aes256-ctr

So, am I out of luck, or is there a trick to get NCM to work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

As I hate seeing threads started and no replies or conclusion then I'm back. More for any other poor soul ** that may come to THWACK in future years.

Anwyay, as of right now (July 2020), the current encryption levels supported by Solarwinds are listed here. I did ask when we might see newer versions included, but joy of joys, no response. So you will most likely have to do as we have, and downgrade the end client levels and then explain to the client why.

** one of the most depressing things about THWACK and my use of Solarwinds is the constant refrain I see/hear of: ask on THWACK, our community will answer. And then I find threads that are years (yes plural) old with no comments.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 12

As I hate seeing threads started and no replies or conclusion then I'm back. More for any other poor soul ** that may come to THWACK in future years.

Anwyay, as of right now (July 2020), the current encryption levels supported by Solarwinds are listed here. I did ask when we might see newer versions included, but joy of joys, no response. So you will most likely have to do as we have, and downgrade the end client levels and then explain to the client why.

** one of the most depressing things about THWACK and my use of Solarwinds is the constant refrain I see/hear of: ask on THWACK, our community will answer. And then I find threads that are years (yes plural) old with no comments.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 12

Slightly different query on this as I have also been pursuing this issue via the HPE forums.

They are suggesting a cipher/encryption mismatch, so how can I find out a list of what Solarwinds NCM supports?

0 Kudos