This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds NCM Config Archive backup incomplete

I have noticed that when running the NCM > Configs > Config Archive > 'Export all configs to the Config-Archive directory now', it only appears to backup a portion of the Nodes that are in my inventory.  I have verified in NCM that many of the nodes that are not listed do in fact have many configs listed under them, but for some reason they are not backed up.

Is there a setting or node configuration the prevents specific nodes from backing up when I export all configs or run a nightly job?

• Just out of curiosity, do you have a 2nd polling engine?  If so, the default will be for the configs to be written to the config archive directory of the polling engine that the node is assigned to.

• We only have a single polling engine unfortunately and it is showing up as 187% over capacity in the polling reports.  In the absence of another polling engine we are trying to scale back on what we poll, however I would still expect that everything that is polled would backup to the archive and not just a select number of nodes?