Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 7

SolarWinds NCM Firmware upgrade template for HP Switches

Hi,

Trying to use SolarWinds to automate the firmware upgrade process on our HP switches through SolarWinds NCM.

Just wondering if anyone has a template that I can look at, as the default ones do apply to CISCO and some commands do not seem to work for HP products.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: SolarWinds NCM Firmware upgrade template for HP Switches

If you are using the Firmware Upgrade feature specifically, it is currently constrained to Cisco only. I encourage you to upvote this feature (link below) - I as a PM, will review the commonly voted on features for future consideration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Isnt it called firmware upgrade template so we can use it for multi-vendor, just like device template?

How do I manage firmware upgrade for non-Cisco without manual traditional script?

0 Kudos
Level 12

The templates can be used for other vendors if you modify the commands to be executed on the device, but the image file must be .bin.

Which vendor devices do you have in your network?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

jpetkevich​ - is there a chance you could share a template for HP switches? Will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@ohio38jrjonathan is no longer working for Solarwinds, that's likely the cause why he didn't answer. I am currently as well looking for Upgrading HP Devices Firmware with NCM so I will keep you posted about my findings here.

Highlighted
Level 7

@HerrDoktor Awesome! Thank you very much!

0 Kudos