cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

SolarWinds NCM Connector for Cisco SmartAdvisor

Saw this came out and took a look at the documentation.

Is there a special kind/level of Cisco account/access you need for this to work?

I have a Cisco.com account that is linked to my contracts (lets me download code, etc), but when I try to run the report it says "UserID is not valid".

306 Replies
Level 8

I'm getting this:

treese_0-1594240203193.png

Does this mean I need to get with my VAR so they can straighten it out with CISCO?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 7.03.50 AM.png

I get the following error message java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException cannot be cast to com.cisco.sts.suta.partyregistration2_0.businesslogic.RegistrationBLException.

0 Kudos

I'm getting this exact same error.  Did you ever figure out a way around it? 

0 Kudos

Not yet

0 Kudos

4 years later, and I am STILL not able to get this tool to work. 

dclick_0-1587144325152.png

0 Kudos

It would be nice if this particular forum were being monitored.

I've used this tool successfully in the past, but today I get an error message:

pastedImage_0.png

It happens each time I try.  I bypassed the proxy, verified the appropriate TLS 1.2, 1.1, and 1.0 settings. 

If you happened to have an idea why this may be failing, I'd love to hear it.

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on send." I get this at the Search screen and the Report screen. I have tried running it from 2 different solarwinds servers. I have verified that the firewall is not blocking traffic. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

wrhodespgparksI have the same issue. Were you ever able to resolve this?

0 Kudos

I had a similar problem.  It turned out that one of my other Network Analysts had entered in all 100 of my sites' mailing addresses and then chosen one of them as the home office--and it wasn't our home office.  The Cisco tool requires entering our home office, and it took weeks to get Cisco and our account rep to reveal which site was our "home office" in the view of the SmartAdvisor tool.

Once I had that info, the link within SolarWinds NPM did a great job identifying and uploading our Cisco products to Cisco.  It took several hours to complete, during which time I wasn't sure it was working, but it eventually completed successfully.

A better solution would be closer coordination between Cisco and SolarWinds, with helpful information about errors and inconsistencies that would more easily reveal the true problem for failed synchronization.

And in the long run, I still wonder about the value of Cisco knowing about every individual device we own.  It seems a way for them to deny service based on support contract purchases and serial numbers, rather than a way for us to have a better experience with them.  I could be wrong . . .

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response and info. I sent an email to my Cisco rep to see if he can shed any light on this.

0 Kudos

Can you provide some details of your environment that you are trying to run it on?

0 Kudos

What would you like to know?

Module NameOrion Platform
Version2018.2
Service Pack4

Product NameNetwork Configuration Manager
Version7.8
Service PackNone
0 Kudos
Level 8

Hey All,

Does anyone knwo what this error message is about or how to fix it or what to check?

pastedImage_0.png

I have already checked to make sure that all of the SSL/TLS settings are enabled on the server and that the traffic is not being blocked by the firewall.But i'm still getting this error.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Skreezanx,

I know that one possibility is if the Cisco account you are using isn't set up properly, it can cause that error. We ran into that problem and had to work with our VAR to get the account set up right. Just having a normal Cisco CCO account connected to our contracts wasn't enough. It required some other stuff on the back-end related to SmartAdvisor which they didn't tell me what they did exactly.

I don't know what are other possible causes there may be.

Romeo

0 Kudos
Level 7

Running latest version of NCM connector and got my inventory uploaded to SNTC with no errors, etc..  However, I have 300 plus entries in SNTC where the host name is just a number with a ":" and then what appears to be my SolarWinds Customer ID.  I.e  111:SW123456. The number before the ":" appears to be related to the device as it is the same number for however many inventory product ID's there are for a particular IP address while the portion after the ":" is always the same value.  In other words, if there are 5 inventory product ID's a device with IP 1.1.1.1 then the host name will be listed for each product ID as 111:SW123456

All my devices in NCM have host names, etc. and the majority of the devices imported have the correct host name.

0 Kudos
Level 13

cobrien

Is this still being developed?

The latest version available on the customer portal was released December 21st, 2016.

0 Kudos

josh.haberman

That is a great question and the answer is yes! We just recently released v1.4 (April, 2018) and it is listed in the support portal available for download, I encourage you to go take a look.

0 Kudos

HI,

I have installed v1.4 and having what looks like a different, though similar issue.

I start a new report. I entered the local credentials, and I noticed that it automatically put the username of the local credential into the CCO ID field. The local credentials work fine and "test connectivity" works. But now I have the wrong username in the CCO ID field, and it will not let me modify it. Nothing I try allows me to modify that field. Obviously, it doesn't work to the Cisco SmartAdvisor since it's the wrong CCO ID. I always get "Policy Falsified".

If it matters, We are running NCM 7.6.

Thanks,

Romeo

0 Kudos

Hi romeoguerrero​ - can you please pull the log from the installation directory and create a support case. Once you have created it please pm me the case number.

mat12​ if you have NCM as well, please do the same.

0 Kudos

Just tried running it and unfortunately after I click on "Submit", I receive an error that says "UserId is not valid".

pastedImage_0.png

The credentials are the same ones I've used with the NCMCSA Connector in the past successfully (Well, I was able to get past submit and it would run for a few hours then error out).  I also confirmed that I'm able to log in successfully to https://services.cisco.com/  and view my past inventories.

In the NCMSAConnector.log, I have the following:

*** Assembly NCMSAConnector, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, .NET version v4.0.30319 ***
*** Assembly SolarWinds.NDS.Engine, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, .NET version v4.0.30319 ***
*** Assembly SolarWinds.NCM.Common, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, .NET version v4.0.30319 ***
2018-05-03 12:09:19,153 [1] INFO  CdsAssessment.ViewModel.ReportsViewModel - Requests status updating.
2018-05-03 12:09:19,153 [1] INFO  CdsAssessment.ViewModel.ReportsViewModel - ReportsViewModel.UpdateReports()
2018-05-03 12:09:19,169 [1] INFO  CdsAssessment.ViewModel.ReportsViewModel - Adding report requests.
*** Assembly SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2, Version=2016.2.0.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, .NET version v4.0.30319 ***
2018-05-03 12:16:35,988 [7] ERROR SolarWinds.CDS.Engine.CDSEngine - SubmitCDSReportRequest failed:System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: UserId is not valid
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at PartyRegistrationService_2_0.registerParty_2_0(PartyRegistrationRequest partyRegReq)
   at SolarWinds.CDS.Engine.CDSRegistrationFlow.Register(String& res)
   at SolarWinds.CDS.Engine.CDSEngine.SubmitCDSReportRequest(String userId)
0 Kudos