cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

SolarWinds NCM Connector for Cisco SmartAdvisor

Saw this came out and took a look at the documentation.

Is there a special kind/level of Cisco account/access you need for this to work?

I have a Cisco.com account that is linked to my contracts (lets me download code, etc), but when I try to run the report it says "UserID is not valid".

307 Replies

Hey Solarwinds, what can we do as a community to help get this connector working? 

I would be willing to run any tests you want, install special code to get better diags, open a case with Cisco ... you name it.  Heck, if you share the code I'll help you debug it. 

I agree, there's a lot of potential with it.

Any luck with Cisco cvachovecj​?

0 Kudos

Please contact Jeff Stewart -- hopefully, a live troubleshooting session could help.

Jiri

0 Kudos

I am willing to work with Jeff to get to a resolution.  I have sent an email with contact details.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

I'm looking for customers that are willing to jump on a GoToMeeting with Cisco to troubleshoot this issue live.  Please DM if you're interested in setting up a time.

Jeff

0 Kudos

I'm still running through this thread. Have you gotten volunteers for a WebEx with Cisco? I can make time, if it helps get this resolved.

0 Kudos

JP, I'd be happy to set something up if you're experiencing issues still.  Can you DM me some dates/times that would work with you for early next week? 

Thanks, we will investigate.

Jiri

0 Kudos
Level 9

As a side note can anyone tell me if you can sanitise any info in the tool if you need to due to security requirements?

thanks

0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand what you ask for. Could you please add more details?

Jiri

0 Kudos

In some secure clients, you are not allowed to send sensitive information to vendors, hence my question what exactly is it sending to cisco apart from serial numbers and models etcetra?

0 Kudos

Hi, I would also like to know what information is being sent from NCM to Cisco

Is it device serial numbers and software versions or is it full config details?

Thanks

0 Kudos

pastedImage_0.png

Serial number and IOS versions are shared.  No configuration details are sent.

0 Kudos
Level 12

I too am having this issue.

0 Kudos

Yes, I am as well.  ciscoactiveadvisor.com works fine for me.  This NCM "add on" does not.

What gives Solarwinds?

0 Kudos

Are you able to log in to this portal? If not, you must register here: https://www.cisco.com/web/smartservices/sntc.html

0 Kudos
Level 13

I am also getting the UserID is not valid error - yet, I can login to https://ciscoactiveadvisor.com or cco.cisco.com or any other Cisco.com website and have no issues. Yes, I do have valid contract(s).

I also installed this on my desktop and server - none work.

0 Kudos

Can you please make sure you're registered with STNC for the account you're using?  The instructions for completing this can be found here; https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12600946/self-service-onboarding-register-get-access-smart-net-...

Jeff

0 Kudos

Been there, done that. still no-go.  Cisco has not made it easy to open a case on their new portals either..

0 Kudos

I have registered and uploaded a CSV file successfully to the SNTC portal, so I am pretty confident in my account credentials and all that stuff in the onboarding doc.

My management got impatient and so I had to download the Cisco collector and built the VM.  I've run the Cisco discovery and inventory and uploaded to Cisco.  I am waiting now for them to process the data.  I've been told it can take up to 48 hours for Cisco to do their magic.

One thing I encountered with the Cisco collector was that I needed to have some firewall rules added in order to upload the data.  Namely

72.163.7.113concsoweb-prd.cisco.comTCP/443 
72.163.4.161www.cisco.comHTTPS/HTTP, TCP/443 
72.163.7.60dl.cisco.comHTTPS/HTTP, TCP/80 and 443 
173.37.144.208sso.cisco.comTCP/443

Our proxy server is set to allow access to *.cisco.com but it seems the Cisco collector doesn't use a proxy.

Will the NCM Connector use the proxy server?  Maybe I had a firewall issue with the connector?

It's a bit of an uphill climb to get Security to approve firewall changes so I didn't try to get my Solarwinds server exempted.

Even though I have gone the Cisco route I am still interested in getting the NCM connector to work.