cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

SSH2 connection failing on certain devices in NCM.

Recently I have been trying to have all of my running/startup configs downloaded via the NCM so that I may use SolarWinds to help with STIGs in the near future. I have 216 devices total and while the majority of them download fine, the process fails on 25 of them. They are all using the same profile to log in and I have verified with Putty that the account works on all the devices. When running the test feature, I get the error "Test Failed. Connection Refused by x.x.x.x"; the x's being the node itself. Showing "credential login details" gives the following: ----- Connection Profile: SolarWinds ----- Device Template: Cisco IOS. Any thoughts on why this may be occuring? Thank you!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hello.

Do those 25 devices use Cisco IOS ?

What method did you chose for downloading the configs - it looks like yours is being blocked/refused? (You can check that under "edit node" on the node details page)

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards,

Steffen

0 Kudos

Yes, all devices on the network are using CISCO IOS, including the 25 that fail. Also, I am using SSH2 to downlad the configs. It is just strange to me that it would work on nearly 80% of the devices and fail on the rest.

0 Kudos

run the test and make sure your creds are correct and that the port is white-listed

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos