cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Reporting on specific words in a backed up config

Jump to solution

It is possible to run a report against certain items/expressions within an backed up configuration?

For example; one of the things I would like to report on are all routers with the word "Verizon" in the backed up configuration within NCM.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way. Or, if this is not possible, this would be a useful feature.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

solarwines​ If you are just looking for a list of nodes that have the word "Verizon" listed anywhere in any backed up config, you could use a super simple SWQL query to show them.

SELECT TOP 100
ConfigArchive.NodeProperties.Nodes.Caption--,DownloadTime,ConfigType
FROM NCM.ConfigArchive
WHERE Config LIKE '%Verizon%'
AND DownloadTime > ADDDAY(-1, GETDATE())
AND ConfigType='Running'

I limited the results to just the top 100, as this query is not very efficient, and could timeout depending on your environment, and the number of configs you have. If a simple list, as these results should be, will work for you, then I would certainly recommend throwing in some filtering on Date/Time, as well as ConfigType too, at the very least. (Just remove the "--" from the query, to see those values within the results. You can also adjust the WHERE part of the query to limit further. The example should only return results from the past day AND only from the "Running" configs.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you,

-Will

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you check the NCM Compliance Reporting Feature. It „should“ do exactly what you want to do if I interpret your question correctly. The Feature looks  for strings/RexEx in the Config and Reports if they are in it or not. You could use this to get all your routers that have this in the Config.

Thank you for the direction,  Herrdoktor. That is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. 

0 Kudos

If you need further help, let me know

0 Kudos

solarwines​ If you are just looking for a list of nodes that have the word "Verizon" listed anywhere in any backed up config, you could use a super simple SWQL query to show them.

SELECT TOP 100
ConfigArchive.NodeProperties.Nodes.Caption--,DownloadTime,ConfigType
FROM NCM.ConfigArchive
WHERE Config LIKE '%Verizon%'
AND DownloadTime > ADDDAY(-1, GETDATE())
AND ConfigType='Running'

I limited the results to just the top 100, as this query is not very efficient, and could timeout depending on your environment, and the number of configs you have. If a simple list, as these results should be, will work for you, then I would certainly recommend throwing in some filtering on Date/Time, as well as ConfigType too, at the very least. (Just remove the "--" from the query, to see those values within the results. You can also adjust the WHERE part of the query to limit further. The example should only return results from the past day AND only from the "Running" configs.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you,

-Will

View solution in original post

Hi I am getting Execution timeout expire while trying the config search. is there a way to increase the wait time?

0 Kudos

Thank you!  Could you also please provide a SWQL query to apply this to all routers in NPM?  This is under Custom Properties "Application_Server"

0 Kudos