This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report for Failed Config Downloads

Does anyone know of an easy way to report on those devices that have failed a configuration download?  We are running in to problems recently after changing protocols from Telnet to SSH on a lot of devices and I would like a list of which devices I need to modify.

• If you schedule a job to download the configs there are options on the Notifications tab to let you log and/or email the results of each attempted download. 

• I am aware of that option - just wondering if there was a report that would only list failed downloads.

• I would like a report like this:

"765 nodes successful.

3 nodes failed:

node1 (node1-ip-address): incorrect login

node2 (node2-ip-address): device not responding (attempted protocol: SSH)

node3 (node3-ip-address): connection refused (attempted protocol: telnet)"

Also an option to list also the successful nodes (because someone may very well need that information as well for auditing purposes etc).

The current report listing all the 2000 devices and then some five devices in here and there in the middle showing failure, it is just a nightmare to check.

Markku

• I have a mixed environment for now and slowly moving to pure SSH.  My resolution was two jobs:  one was for SSH connection download type only, and the other job did everything else.  Haven't looked back since.  Besides, SW was never able to fully remedy the issue, luckily I found this workaround on my own.  :)

• Unless I'm mistaken you can simply schedule a login failure report right after your download report to get all the failed nodes.