This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Question: How can I enable real-time change detection on both running and startup config

Hello all,

Our system running with NCM 7.0.2.  I enable real-time change detection settings in NCM and set download options as Running.

img1.PNG

And I use trap viewer to configure a rule to monitor config change traps.  Once running change trap received, it will execute ConfigAutoDownload.exe to download running config so we will have a compele config change log for audit.

img2.PNG

img3.PNG

However, I met issue here that once I set download option as Running(I cannot multiple select both Running and Startup options), ConfigAutoDownload.exe program will only download running configs.  My goal is to real-time detect and download config changes on not only running config but also startup config.  Thus we will have a accurate running vs. startup conflict report.

Anyone knows the solution please would you share the ideas.  I will be highly appreciate.  Thanks in advance!

Terrence