Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 9

Policy Reporting

Jump to solution
In the Cirrus version 3, SolarWinds is adding Policy Reporting. Included within Cirrus will be numerous out-of-the-box policy reports. We want to ensure we include the types of policy reports our customers would want to see included. Please let me know what types of rules you would like to see included in these default policy reports. An example would be as follows:

Business Logic - Show me all Cisco devices with public as a read only community string

Syntax - snmp-server community public RO

Please email comments to Haley_Oyler@Solarwinds.Net

Thank you,
Haley Oyler
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Policy Reporting

Jump to solution

Hi Dmjcomputing - policy reporting enhancements are top of the list of things we are working on right now. We plan to include all sorts of new features. I know you all have been asking for this for a while, and rest assured we are on it. 

--C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Haley,

We are a Dept. of the Army shop, and as such have to comply with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (specifically the  Network STIG V7R1). Any chance that you guys could get with DISA and come up with compliance reports for the STIGs?

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I second Jon's request!!!  The policy reporter policies seem to aim at SOX requirements.  I would like to see policies checks applicable to goverment requirements (FISMA, DISCAP).  Policy compliance include; NSA/DISA Stigs, CIS at least for now.  We're currently having to use the CIS Router Auditor Tool (RAT) tool in order to provide compliance reports.   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Not to sound like I am begging (but I am ;-), is there any chance that the DoD/Government compliance reports (i.e. STIG, DIACAP, FISMA, etc.) will be added? We really, really, really need these compliance reports in our environment. Currently, the only way we can do these is manually (RAT works on the routers, but that is all). When you have several hundred devices to maintain, this becomes an unsurmountable task. Please add these compliance reports!

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has anyone had any luck transposing the DISA STIG's into NCM Policies & Rules? The reason I ask is, I am trying to do the same.

If anyone has had any success and would be willling to exchange rules, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff 🙂 

0 Kudos
Level 12

Jump to solution

Unfortunately not, and I have not received any feedback from SW about my request to have it added. Now that SW is on the "approved software" list for DoD, I know that a lot of us DoD folks are probably using it. These reports would be a HUGE bennefit for us all!

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

We're absolutely looking at improvements to Policy Reporting in future releases.   In addition to more out of the box reports, we really want to give users the ability to share rules, policies, and reports they've written to help populate content more quickly.    If you have Policy Reports that you've already written that you'd be willing to share, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has anyone got an update on the Policy Reports for STIGs.  I am too looking for this feature.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

One of these days, I am going to try to sit down and see what I can do. Unfortunately, regex has always baffled me, so I am not sure if I will have any luck or not. If I do get something working, I'll definitely post it here.

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I would like to see some of these worked out.  I know everyone is busy doing other things, but regex also has baffled me.  I hope we can get some of these posted.

0 Kudos