This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Policy Reporting Tool Requests

I must say, I really have grown to like the Policy Reporter in Cirrus and I have also used numerous other types policy reporting tools so I wanted to bring some feature requests to the table. 

1.) White space in REGEX is a big time pain in the neck, and is found in most router/switch/wireless configs.  I would like to see what other applications of this caliber have which is a check box to state ignore whit spaces.

2.) I would like to see the policy reporting functions be able to automatically do carriage returns at the end of lines.

3.) I would like to see the policy reports ignore the "!" Character in the configs as well since Cisco configs are known to have them as seperators.

I am thinking that this would make the REGEX a lot easier to write and make the application a lot easier for someone to implement without having to write as much regex code for each line.  I know it can be done since it is done on a lot of the competing products int he market..... 

• Thanks for your feature request.  I've added this to our enhancement database (for internal folks this is #1149).

• There is one more thing that I noticed and think would be useful.

When you right click on the devices in the report you have the option to run a command cript, can we also make an option available to download configs.  This will allow the command script to be run and then we can run a download on the devices that were an issue and run the report again to show that they are fixed. 

Thanks!

• Agreed,

there could be more options on the right-mouse-click option in Policy reoprter it would be great to see some of the options available in the NCM app. For instance It would be much quicker and a lot more conveniant to be able to upload a snippets rather than go through the 'command script' as even when loading a file you still have to include all the commands such as 'conf t' and 'wr'

Little things like comprehensive 'right-mouse-click' menus make a big difference.

Cheers

• I'm sure someone has already asked for this, but I don't see it anywhere...  The ability to check multiple instances of a match.  For example, "transport input ssh" exists on all vty stanzas.  Or a description is set for every interface that is not shutdown.

Thanks!