cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twwils0n
Level 8

.PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE - Looking for Documenation

I'm trying to find documentation on the .PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE parameter definition syntax. I stumbled across this in another thwack post and found that it supports a "listbox" option, but I can't find any documentation on it beyond that. The NCM Administrator Guide doesn't have anything, SolarWinds Support did not have anything (and submitted it as an documentation enhancement request).

Anyone have any official/unofficial documentation about this parameter? If there's other documentation outside the NCM Administrator guide on the Change Config Templates, I'd appreciate a pointer to that as well.

Thanks,

Tom Wilson

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
DanielleH Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: .PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE - Looking for Documenation

twwils0n
Level 8

Thanks. But I've already read the Doc and Product Blog. They don't provide any information on the .PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE. I'll have to watch the video to see if it provides any information.

I was hoping someone (e.g. one of the developers for NCM) might be able to weigh in and provide more details on the .PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE (and any other undocumented features/functions that are available).

0 Kudos
DanielleH Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll ping Dev to look into this.

0 Kudos
tdanner
Level 19

For an example of how to use .PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE, you can look at the "Enalbe NetFlow on Cisco IOS" template that ships with NCM. In the comment block at the top of the script, it has these lines:

.PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE  @BGPAS

listbox: 1=N/A|2=peer-as|3=origin-as

This causes the website to display a listbox with those options for filling in the BGPAS parameter for the template.

0 Kudos
twwils0n
Level 8

Thanks. I've looked at the examples which is what raised my question for documentation. I was hoping there would be more detailed documentation what options .PARAMETER_DISPLAY_TYPE supports and the functionality of those options.

For example, at first I thought the listbox was a name-value pair list, but it doesn't appear so. This would be ideal for a use case I have for the router administrators to pick what region a particular router is in and assign a specific TACACS encryption key to a variable based on the region chosen. (I'll end up doing this with a series of if-else statements, but it would be easier to maintain with a name-value pair functionality.)

0 Kudos