This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NCM "Show" Commands in web console?

Hi All,

First post here so good to meet you all.Loving Solarwinds Orion so far, but I have a question for you experts..

I need to allow our customers to issue certain Cisco "show" commands via the Orion web console.. I see that Ican do exactly what I need through the WIN32 program (see attached).. But I cant find any referance to the "show" menu in the NCM 7.2 web console.. Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Matt

• Think I've figured this out myself! emoticons_happy.png. I set each Orion NCM user to use "individual user level" credentials (I'm using radius for user auth/priv so our customers are already restricted to LVL 7)

Then in NCM, Configuration Management, Execute Script. I simply entered the show commands I need..

Works really well..

Cheers

Matt

• Hi Matt,

I am hoping to do the exact same as you for some of the guys in our NOC, but I am a bit new to scripting, and am a little hesitant to start plugging away. Would I be able to have a look at some of the Scripts / Templates that you wrote for this just as an example? - It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

PS: Please feel free to PM if that is preferable